The Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago Aviation Training Centre based at Mausica, Trinidad, was established on 16 th March 1995 through a joint arrangement between the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and the Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT) to:
- Set up and manage an Aviation Security Training Centre (ASTC)
- Provide easier access to aviation security training for ICAO member states in the Caribbean, Central America and North America.
On November 28 th 2006, the Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago and the Airports Council International (ACI) signed an agreement to establish the Training Centre in Trinidad and Tobago as a Global Training Hub (GTH). The Centre will now facilitate ACI programmes in a wide range of areas such as Airport Crisis Management, Airport Operational Safety and Airport, Rescue, Recovery and Firefighting.
All potential participants for all ICAO AVSEC programmes, must complete the ICAO one-hour test. This test can be repeated in order to gain a passing grade. The results should be submitted to ICAO to confirm registration. The test can be taken in English, Spanish or French.
Registered participants will also be required to pass the AVSEC test at the beginning of each programme. This test can also be used for self appraisal or recruitment.
For further information about the test, visit the ICAO website: http://icao.int/avsec/
The Aviation Training Centre has been given the authority by ICAO to facilitate these Training Programmes and to award a certificate displaying the ICAO Logo, the ASTC’s Logo and one other credential of the appropriate Authority or State. All programmes are conducted by trained ICAO instructors.
To register for any ICAO programme at the Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago Aviation Training Centre, complete the ICAO Nomination Form (click to download Nomination Form available on ICAO website) and forward to
To view the schedule of upcoming courses at our Training Centre or at other worldwide ASTCs, check out the ICAO Training Schedule posted online. http://icao.int/avsec/calendar.asp
The Aviation Training Centre will offer the following courses:
- Airport Benchmarking
- Airport Certification
- Airport Crisis Management
- Airport Customer Service/ Satisfaction
- Airport Economic Development
- Airport Environment
- Airport Financial Management
- Airport Ground Handling
- Airport Human Resource and Personnel Development
- Airport Information Technology
- Airport Maintenance
- Airport Marketing/Route Development
- Airport Master Planning and Development
- Airport Natural Disaster Management
- Airport Non-Aeronautical Revenues
- Airport Operational Safety
- Airport Public Relations and Communications
- Airport Rescue, Recovery and Fire Fighting
- Airport Security
- Airport User Charges
- Aviation/Airport Law
For further information and updates, please view the ACI website. http://www.aci.aero or contact us
To find out more about the aviation and security training courses available at the Centre, contact us at:
The Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
Aviation Training Centre
Tel: (868) 642-4027
Fax: (868) 642-4007